Saturday, January 5, 2013

Your argument is invalid.

Some mornings I don't feel like going out for a run.

I work 3rd shift, and I've found that running early in the morning, while I'm still hyper is best. However, after a trying or stressful night, I find my gumption lacking. All I want to do is sit on the couch, unwind with mindless TV for 30 minutes and then go to sleep. Lacing up my shoes, preparing my gear, syncing my iPod, and going out for an hour or two when my body is just crying out for rest can be hard.

Times like this I remember Oscar Pistorius.

This man has no legs.*

This man qualified for the 2012 Olympics.

ANY excuse I can come up with for not pounding the pavement is invalid.

The End.





*"No legs" is poetic license. He does have legs. He is, though, a double below the knee amputee... who still beat out a ton of full legged athletes for a spot on his country's Olympic team

No comments:

Post a Comment